Ladder/Steps Dilemma: Rectangle Intex Ultra Frame AGP

Nooo :-( I still haven't bought. Just using a ladder right now but the deck is finished and I've just not pulled the trigger on the stairs. The deck doesn't go all the way around the pool so I'm able to use a ladder for the time being. I have a friend with a dish-bottomed pool and he uses the Confer STEP with no issues, but the curve on his pool bottom bows out such that he can easily use any step system with a 90 degree angle. The Confer PES-1 is supposed to accommodate a dish-bottomed pool but the cost is way, way high. I'm thinking of buying the Confer STEP which is a lot cheaper and seeing if I can make it work without impacting the bottom of the pool. Its a matter of how far out I need to go.

I finally installed my Royal Entrance step, if I knew how to add pics I would...but I don't think I have permission to. Anyway, my impressions of the step are:

1. It was easy to install, need two people once your ready to put in pool...one outside to drill, one inside to level.

2. Only one point of contact with the pool liner and that's the bottom of the steps. My worry (and everyone else who has an Intex Ultra pool) was that the back of the steps would rub the liner. This doesn't happen, not even the back weighted fin...even the bottom of the step has 3 rubber suction cups.

3. I was worried about the steps supporting my weight (I'm a big guy 250#) but it works just fine. With my weight, there was a slight compression on the step (not the frame) but it does not do this with the rest of my family members who are all under 200#.

4. Last comment...I also have big feet (size 13) so when I'm entering the pool, my toes are over the steps and when exiting, my heels are on the speed bump as I like to call it (a little hump at the edge of the steps). Once again, the rest of the family does not have this problem.

All in all, this is an excellent step...I got it from Amerimerc for $329.99 and free shipping which was great because it weighs 65#.
Link http://www.amerimerc.com/above-ground-p ... -step.htm#

Were you able to find a set of pool stairs that worked with your pool? I have the same pool and i bought some really nice pool stairs and found out they do not sit against the side when i put them in the pool. Looking for any help in finding something that actually works.

Sincerely annoyed now. :mad:

Wolfmansb

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.