Not Priming

ksiwik

May 27, 2013
Hello everyone,

I just replaced my DE Filter grids (Nautilus 60) upon opening up the pool. I started the pump (Sta-Rite Max E-Pro) with only the skimmers open but it is not priming. At first, it did prime for a couple of seconds but then it stopped. It feels like the water pressure stops at the filter and doesn't go beyond it. Is there something I could have screwed up by replacing the grids? I also have a heater. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Pool is setup like this:

2 skimmers, main drain, 2 returns, waterfall (never use), and a cleaning system in ground (never use)

By the equipment:

1 skimmer valve and 1 main drain valve > Chlorinator In > Strainer > Pump > Filter > Heater > bypass to cleaning system(never on) > Chlorinator out > 1 Return valve and 1 waterfall valve

Fill the pump basket and open the air bleed on the filter, then try to start the pump again. Also make sure all the valves are open. That doesn't work try pulling the grids out and re-seating them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.