Rubber plug sucked in one of the outlet holes

zimm

May 6, 2013
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I was learning how to open the new to us pool from the previous owner. I was going around and taking out the rubber plugs which are underwater. One of them got sucked into the wall as soon as I loosened it up! Must have been suction from the lines filling with water. Now the pump is running and the water didn't shoot the plug out. Any tips? I'm going to try a long reach mechanic's helper grabber tool thing to see if I can reach it. If that doesn't work- I have an air compressor- not sure what to use it on....

How far back in the hole is it?

If it's less than about 12" you can get a packing puller from Harbor Frieght (or your favorite tool place) and that may pull it out. They look like a corkscrew on a flexible shaft with a "T" handle.

Thanks, I'll try that trick if the grabber doesn't work. I didn't have any tools with me to feel how far back it went. The plug has a metal "T" on the end, so it should be grab-able. At least it has pressure trying to push it out... I'll report back tomorrow when I head over there to rescue it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.