Inground pool in Ohio - Pool deck and vermiculite question

Mar 17, 2013
Hi there! It's been a couple of months since I last posted. We're getting closer to having things wrapped up. We've been stuck in a delay waiting on the concrete and are getting pushed back again until Tuesday.

It's an inground, L Shaped, vinyl pool in Northwest Ohio. We're doing cantilever concrete coping around the edge of the pool.

Does the concrete pool deck need to be completed before they can do the vermiculite bottom?

The concrete guy didn't want to do the cantilever concrete coping after the pool was filled.. which is understandable. But can the PB do the vermiculite before the concrete decking gets poured on Tuesday? Our bottom is still dirt/clay/gravel.

The process is dragging on and on... so, I'm trying to speed it up :) I'm new to the pool build process, so I'm not sure if there is a special order they like to follow, etc.

Thanks!

Re: Inground pool in Ohio - Pool deck and vermiculite questi

I would be reluctant to second guess a PB on his sequencing. I would do the decking first if I was DIY'ing it and the substrate was ready for it. It's not my project though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.