Opened pool this afternoon...

pepsiholic

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Fairmont, WV
Water is crystal clear, very little debris, just mostly dirt on bottom. I am adding about 4-5 inches of water to get the pump started. As soon as I got the cover off, it started to downpour and we're under severe storm watches until late tonight...Just my luck..haha.
:wave: Happy Pool Season!

Here are my opening numbers:

Ph 7.2
TA 70
FC 1
CC 1
TC 2
CYA not really sure, it's reading about 50, but is very cloudy out, so my best guess is probably between 30-40.

So my question, I guess is, when I begin the shock process after the pool fills up, should I go ahead and shock at a level of 30 or so? And then wait for some sun to get a more accurate reading? And will the TA rise on it's own one the PH balances out, after shocking?

This site is the best and never fails to get me up and going within a day or two!

It seems to me I get slightly higher readings when I go outside, back to the sun, for the CYA test.

So you might be 60 ppm CYA or so. If the sun doesn't come out, take what you have now....50 ppm.

Leave your TA alone until everything else is where you want it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.