what can i do with the return plugs still on?

patplh

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2009
Massachusetts
Hi my favorite pool people -
I asked my dear husband to remove the cover and return plugs before he left for a business trip, but only removed the cover.. there's nothing i can do other than fish for leaves right? .. i shouldn't add any chemicals until i first recirculate the water and test with my test kit, right? fyi - i brought a bottle of my stagnant pool water (swirled around manually with the pool net) to the pool store and as expected, no chloride - they also said high TA and 7.5 ph, and no CYA.
i'm going to try and remove the One drain plug that is near the pool deck, but we have 3 returns along a rock wall that is even a struggle for him to reach. Is there any other way to remove drain plugs.. any tools that i can use other than my hands? maybe something with an extension arm?
he won't be back until friday, so i guess no chance we'll have this pool open for mem day.
patty

hm.. i wish i knew some older kids in my area..
contemplated tying a rope to my leg and then tying it to a tree so i wouldn't fall into the pool - altho if i remember correctly, i don't think my hands even had the strength to loosen the plug closer to the deck.. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.