Removing rusted pool top rails

May 18, 2013
Hey everyone,
I have a Buster Crabb 15 x 24 above ground pool and have to replace the top rails. My question is do I have to drain the pool to do so? One guy at e pool store said no as long as I remove one at a time, another guy said I should drain the pool. The 2 straight rails are about 6 feet in length and the angled pieces are about 3 feet in length. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I wouldn't drain the whole pool. Taking one off and replacing with a new one doesn't sound like a bad idea. Good luck with it and post some pics! :goodjob:

Thanks Jeff but the pool issue has gotten worse. I drained the pool yesterday and saw it is rusted through at certain areas. It has a beaded liner that is held up by a plastic track. At each end where the tracks butts up against each other, there is a rust spot that has rusted through. I'm waiting for the dealer to call me to see what Buster Crabbe pools will cover under warranty. I had though Buster Crabbe pools was a good brand but I guess I was wrong. The pool is only 7 years old.

So I wound up getting a new pool wall since most of it was covered under warranty. My concern now is it rusting out again in the same 7 or 8 spots, where the beaded liner tracks butt against each other. Has anyone else ever run into this issue with the tracks?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.