STAINS- HELP!

May 16, 2013
I REPAINTED MY CEMENT BOTTOM POOL LAST SEASON WITH EPOXY. LOOKED GREAT. I DRAINED IT THIS YEAR AS I ALWAYS DO AND CLEANED WITH MURATIC ACID AS I ALWAYS DO BUT THESE STAINS WILL NOT GO AWAY, THEY ARE STREAKING FROM THE TILES DOWN THE WALLS AND IN A FEW PLACES AROUND THE JET BLOWERS ON THE BOTTOM OF THE POOL. IT IS NOT EVERYWHERE AND WORSE ON ONE SIDE. I NEED HELP. THE POOL IS EMPTY NOW. I WAS HOPING TO TREAT BEFORE I FILLED IT. I AM INCLUDING PICTURES. Have also tried clorox, comet, soft scrubs, etc.... :(

Attachments

• 20130516_140829.jpg
    20130516_140829.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 20130516_140823.jpg
    20130516_140823.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 20130516_140836.jpg
    20130516_140836.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 71
Welcome :wave:

My first thought is: why not just slap on another coat of paint?

If it's organic, bleach should remove it. Try soaking a paper towel with bleach and set it on a spot and leave it there overnight. If you have a white spot where it was, you'll know. It should bleach out by itself once it's filled.

If it's metallic, smashing some plain old Vitamin C tablets and mixing with water to make a paste should do the same thing. In which case, you can try an Ascorbic Acid treatment after you fill it.

As an aside, TYPING IN ALL CAPS is considered shouting on the internet, and is considered rude. If it's a visibility thing, try holding the Ctrl button on the lower left of the keyboard while pressing the + key. It will enlarge the screen view for you. Ctrl - will shrink it back.

I will try the clorox towel tomorrow! I only have 2 gallons of paint left and don't think I can cover with that but had thought of that too. Just baffling since it was perfect last season with the new paint and then upon draining and cleaning this season it looks way worse than when we started. I will let you know if it works. Thank you

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.