Opening Question

BethyM

Jun 5, 2012
Last year we installed our AGP and so this is our first opening. I have a question... The weather here (St. Louis area) has been wonky. Last week we were under frost advisories at night. Now it's in the 80s-90s and staying there. I shocked the pool at closing and it's been covered all winter... my question is this...

If I wait a week to open, am I going to open to a green mess or am I OK if I keep the cover on another week. I intend to uncover, treat, and get pump running in all the same day.... I am just afraid these hot temps are going to create an issue. I have to take my daughter camping this weekend and won't be here to help hubby open it so we're looking at the weekend of the 25th unless we have to make time to do it sooner.

Is it even worth it to pull some water from the skimmer area and test it to see what the current parameters are? I was afraid it wouldn't be very accurate since there is no circulation. Thanks!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.