Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AGP Intex Metal Frame Leveling Problem

1. Back To Top    #1

AGP Intex Metal Frame Leveling Problem

I live in Florida just installed 9x18 Intex metal frame on 16 x 16 x 1.5 pavers for under braces. Filled pool with water and three of the pavers have cracked completely through an suggestions on how to remove these crushed pavers and replace without having to drain the pool, two are on one end so it has no pavers under it and one is on the corner side of that same end. Please help really dont want to water the lawn this much.

Jon
    15' saltwater 8000 aqualeader, 5300 gal. 2016 hayward xtream 150 cart and 1.5 hp powerflo matrix pump, intex swg.
    Hotspring Grandee spa 2006. I love BBB. no borates in the pool only in the spa.

2. Back To Top    #2

You may not have much choice other than draining the pool. Keep in mind water weighs about 8lbs per gallon
    and as people use your pool they will create waves which will put additional forces on the frame so the other blocks
    could crack too.
    I would suggest you use a cinder block that is solid with a min. size 16"x8"x4"
    Put a little sand under the block to help level out the area but the block should be sitting on solid ground
    Mike

13,500 gallon AGP, 1-1/2hp pump 150# sand filter

3. Back To Top    #3
    I don't understand what cracked the pavers. There shouldn't be any more weight on the pavers when the pool is full than when it is empty unless the water is being pushed back and forth. The wall of the pool doesn't hold the weight of the water.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4

As John T said "There shouldn't be any more weight on the pavers when the pool is full than when it is empty unless the water is being pushed back and forth" Thats what I was trying to say. I was tring to point out it the forces on the wall
    there are voids under the paver allowing for a weak spot. Adding sand would fill the voided area under the paver
    Mike

13,500 gallon AGP, 1-1/2hp pump 150# sand filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for all the help.

I think a thicker concrete block will do the trick. I guess we will drain and find out.
    15' saltwater 8000 aqualeader, 5300 gal. 2016 hayward xtream 150 cart and 1.5 hp powerflo matrix pump, intex swg.
    Hotspring Grandee spa 2006. I love BBB. no borates in the pool only in the spa.