Above Ground liner replacement

May 31, 2011
Massachusetts
Just wanted to show off our re-built pool. We changed from baqa-goo summer before last, then last summer got a new filter switching from sand to DE and then lo and behold this winter, our liner sprung a leak. It was over 10 years old so instead of trying to find the leak, patch it, and worry all summer we decided to just put a new one in. Took hubby and I the weekend to do it, one day to remove, one day to install (could have pushed it to one, but decided better to not rush things). This youtube video helped a lot (parts 1 and 2), especially the shop vac part. Never would have thought of it. And it came out better than the install we paid for 10 years ago. We have one small wrinkle, the installed liner had a few. Also anyone doing this themselves make sure you have a nice warm sunny day. Helps strech out the linter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmJIRMh4CV8

Now we just need some warm weather to enjoy it. 65 degrees is the warmest the water has been yet. My 5 year old went in, but way too cold for me.

Attachments

• pool 2.JPG
    pool 2.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 337
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.