Intex pool inlet nozzle and strainer grid?

May 2, 2013
Ok....according to Intex manual the strainer grid goes on the lower part of the pool. This is the outlet or where the water goes into the pool from pump/filter.

My question is ....wouldnt the strainer grid be better to go on the inlet? Seems like this would prevent garbage from entering the pump better than the inlet nozzel that came with the kit?

Also...for the outlet...why does it need to be strained any how? Shouldnt this be drilled oit to allow the water to flow into the pool a little more easy?
I would guess if careful there is not back feed when changing filter etc., there shouldnt be a problem correct?

I guess Ive filled my brain with to much input the last day or so.... I was reading the manual wrong.
They always have to make things confusing with inlet and outlet lines crossing each other in diagrams.

Why? Lol

Easy mistake. Best choice I made though was to add a skimmer. I had one left over from the old Intex EasySet that we used to have, but somehow it didn't seem like it was going to foot the bill. I ended up reading up on the posts of others here on TFP, and added an in-wall skimmer. Best. Choice. Ever.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.