Bleach vs. SWCG

The cost of economics makes buying the largest unit cost effective. The CPSC 48 can be purchased for approx $750, The CPSC 24 is about $500. The 50% increase in price you get double the size (output). You can adjust the out put down if you run your pump for a long time. But if you run your pump for a shorter time and you max out the output on the CPSC24 then you have to increase the pump run time to create enough chlorine for your daily need. In theory based on a fixed out put the CPSC48 will have twice the total output from CPSC24.

CPSC24 - [2] Maximum output is 0.67 lbs/day.
CPSC48 - [4] Maximum output is 1.28 lbs/day.

Outputs listed from http://www.nsf.org/Certified/Pools/List ... tType=50I&

Bleach user here. I use about 32 oz. per day 6 months "summer", and 16 oz per day other 6 months, so I spend $200 at most per year on Clorox. Pool gets direct sun maybe 3 hours per day. Only run pump 4-5 hours. I would guess SWCG would not really be worth it for me. Rather spend my $$ on a robot, maybe a 2 speed pump, and beer :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.