New to the Fourm ! But have a major issue with my pool !

Re: New to the Fourm ! But have a major issue with my pool

I believe there is ahydrostatic relief value on my main drain: attached is a copy of the manual. Hayward SP1048

Attachments

• Hayward Main Drain Sp1048.pdf
    53.9 KB · Views: 2

Not likely as all of the in-ground lines are flexible tubing, from the fittings to the standpipes going into the pool house. All of connections are either under the pool or just below the concrete height.. This HAS to be a liner issue, I just have to locate it. My next move is to fill up the pool say 2' or 3' with water and wait and see what occurs...

:wave:

Is the main drain connected to a shut-off valve for you to drain it as needed? Or is the main drain connected to at return line/suction side of pool pump to filter?

When you get some water in there you could use some dye squirted out around the main drain to see if it gets sucked in verifying a leak in the drain, not sure what type of dye people use.

I think I found the issue, upon further more detailed inspection of the liner at the wall / floor corner I found several slits in the liner (say around 6/10 in total). Strangely I also found a line (wear mark) all the way around the edge of the pool liner where these slits are located. After a little deduction I found that these slits are the same height as the LIL Shark automatic vacuum I have. Upon further inspection of this vacuum the outside edge is sharp. Therefore I believe / now know that the liner was damaged due to this sharp edge on my LIL Shark automatic vacuum. (Yes - I used this manually) and I more than likely caused these slits in the liner by manually vacuuming the bottom of the pool with the LIL Shark Automatic vacuum.

So I will be going to the pool store today and buying a liner repair kit! Does anyone have any recommendations as to which repair kit is better than the rest or are they all the same?

Next question: I can do these repairs while the water is out of the pool - right? I understand these repair kits are made to repair while the water is in the pool so I was wondering if water is needed to use these kits? (I HAD TO ASK !)

Here are some pics:

Attachments

• Pool Pics - SLITS in liner 002.jpg
    Pool Pics - SLITS in liner 002.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Pool Pics - SLITS in liner 003.jpg
    Pool Pics - SLITS in liner 003.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Pool Pics - SLITS in liner 004.jpg
    Pool Pics - SLITS in liner 004.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 11

Here are more pics:

Attachments

• Pool Pics - SLITS in liner 005.jpg
    Pool Pics - SLITS in liner 005.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 11
  • Pool Pics - SLITS in liner 006.jpg
    Pool Pics - SLITS in liner 006.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Pool Pics - SLITS in liner 007.jpg
    Pool Pics - SLITS in liner 007.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 11

Here are more pics:

Attachments

• Pool Pics - SLITS in liner 008.jpg
    Pool Pics - SLITS in liner 008.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Pool Pics - SLITS in liner 009.jpg
    Pool Pics - SLITS in liner 009.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Pool Pics - SLITS in liner 010.jpg
    Pool Pics - SLITS in liner 010.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 11

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Here are more Pics:

Attachments

• Pool Pics - SLITS in liner 011.jpg
    Pool Pics - SLITS in liner 011.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Pool Pics - SLITS in liner 012.jpg
    Pool Pics - SLITS in liner 012.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Pool Pics - SLITS in liner 013.jpg
    Pool Pics - SLITS in liner 013.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 12

OK One last QUESTION: I have a algae build up on the bottom of the liner, since the water has been taken out this algae build is now all hard and crusty. I tried to use a brush to clean it off but would not work very well. I could take my fingernail and scrape it off but that would take all summer to do.

Any suggestions on how to get this hard crusty build up off on the bottom on my liner?

ALSO - I would like to THANK those who have been following this and provided feedback, you helped me identify my problem and one by one eliminate obvious causes. THANK YOU! This forum was very helpful. I look forward to using it more this summer (WHEN) I have more pool issues... THANKS ALL !