Pumping into parellel pipes vertically?!?!

jables

Apr 30, 2013
Using a submersible pump (http://www.hydrogalaxy.com/hydroponics/ ... 4Aod93sA4w),
In the attached pic, I am trying to pump water from the reservoir (no defined height) to the top.
A and B are a handmade manifold using 3/4" PVC.
The blue tubes are 12x 1/4" PE tubes (inside dia. 5/32")

The dimensions of the manifold don't matter to me, the length of each could be 18 inches.
The dimension from the top of the manifold to the elevation ALL the PE tubes turn is 9'-4" (They're just staggered for aethetics), totalling 1568 inches.
The rest of the length for each PE tube is variable, the first starts at 38", the next at 48".... the last at 168", for a total horizontal length of 1442 inches.
The total length of all the tubes together is 3010 inches.

I need to find out if this pump will work or if I have to find a new one.
I want to figure out the total dynamic head, and the gph at any given height since I have a required amount of water needed from each tube.
Im not sure where to start but if you can help, please link or post the formulas.

Attachments

• pump.png
    pump.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 39
Welcome to TFP!

Could you tell us what you are trying to achieve?

Without more details it is impossible to tell, but it seems unlikely that your current design will work out. That pump will only raise water a maximum of 7.8'. Because the tubes are different lengths, each will have a different flow rate. And finally, given how small the tubes are and their lengths, the total flow rate is going to be quite low, even with a rather larger pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.