. Is Aqua Perl a Diatomaceous Earth DE Alternative

Apr 29, 2013
I have a Hayward EC65a filter. I am about to load it up for the season and need to ask the question . . . Is Aqua Perl a Diatomaceous Earth DE Alternative and Replacement? I have read about safety issues with DE and have to make a purchase soon.

I used the BBB method last year for the first time ever and loved the results . I will do what you advise.

I too have considered trying a DE alternative, however when I contacted Hayward about the use of DE alternatives, they strongly urged me not to use any DE alternative in a Perflex type DE filter.

I just started using as a result of my pool store stocking it instead of standard DE. I have a Hayward EC-50 filter. It seems to filter good but when I re-generate (bump) the filter, I get a plume of cloudy water which I assume is the aqua perl coming out of the outflow for a few seconds. I think that I am going back to the standard DE to see if it happens then. - John

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.