Bleach prices 2013

My local Naamco has reduced the price of their "Liquid Shock". It's 12.5%. A Case of 5 gallon jugs is running $12.00. I picked up 5 cases. My Naamco is closing on 7/7/13 and is selling everything. I was told they would reduce the price further on this Thursday :)

I must live in a bad area for bleach. The local A&P has 121 oz generic concentrated bleach for 4.19, and Clorox for 4.79, on sale for 3.49. Target is nit much better, generic 121 oz for 2.99,Clorox 121 oz for 3.54, and generic 64 oz for 1.62. I despise Wal Mart, so I haven't checked there. I just have to check Stop and Shop.

Not sure if this will help anyone on here. Like mentioned above some Namco stores are closing. The one in York PA on RT30 has the 12.5 percent liquid at $40 dollars for 20 1 gallon jugs.

Gregd said:
Not sure if this will help anyone on here. Like mentioned above some Namco stores are closing. The one in York PA on RT30 has the 12.5 percent liquid at $40 dollars for 20 1 gallon jugs.

Nice !!! I wonder if that's what the sales rep meant by a price reduction on Thursday. I paid $2.99 each today.

I just bought 12.5% for $2.50/gal at The Great Escape in Vernon Hills, IL. Not quite as good as the Menards deal this spring of 1.99 / gal of 12.5% but the best price as of today.

Regards,

Jay

JohnN said:
Somewhere I saw someone mentioned Aldi. There is one near me, but I have never been in there. Do you think they might have good prices on bleach?

Aldi has the best price I've found around me. I get 96oz jugs of 6% bleach for 1.29/jug.

If my math is right, that's 1.29/(96*.06) = $0.224 per oz of chlorine.

Not sure how Aldi's prices vary between NC and NJ.

Dave

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
netuser0 said:
Hi all,

...I As a side note, I have been seeing another sub-brand next to the GV called "Top Job" at WalMart but am avoiding it since it has no listing of NaClO concentration..

Regards,
Mark

If this is the same as the Top Job brand carried at my Dollar General for $1.00 (96oz) that shhhhtuff is less than 3%. I think it was 2.5 but may have been 2.75.

bibeaud said:
I just bought a 5 Gal jug of 12% Chlorine for $18.50 ($19.80 with tax) from my local pool store, Town and Country Pools off Rt 57 in Lopatcong NJ. I dump this into my Liquidator.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I just got 6 jugs of this same Bleach from my Wallmart of route 23 in NJ, they sell it for $2.98 I believe or 2.89 per jug. that seems cheaper then what you paid at Shop Rite, not sure about the 12% though.

JohnN said:
I must live in a bad area for bleach. The local A&P has 121 oz generic concentrated bleach for 4.19, and Clorox for 4.79, on sale for 3.49. Target is nit much better, generic 121 oz for 2.99,Clorox 121 oz for 3.54, and generic 64 oz for 1.62. I despise Wal Mart, so I haven't checked there. I just have to check Stop and Shop.
the generic 121oz for 2.99 does not seem unreasonable to me at all, much lower then 4.19 price, is this the regular 6% or the 8.25%?

dpallyn said:
Big R (a farm store chain here in the Midwest) has cases of Liquid Shock 10% for 4 gal for 8.95.
8.95 / (4*128*.10) = 0.1748 per oz of chlorine. :)

They also sell Muratic acid at 3.79 a gal... is that a good price?

Awesome tip!! Thanks. :mrgreen:
I'll have to see if ny BigR has the CL or not.
Yeah, I buy my MA there, it's a bit cheaper than Lowes. And HD here doesn't have anything but that worthless "green ma". :foot:

Edit: dpallyn, please fill out your signature and location according to the instructions in Pool School. Link in my Sig, or @ top right of any pg on TFP.
Thx and happy pool!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.