Testing TA

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
For some reason when I test for TA the color goes from green to pale yellow instead of red. I tested 3 separate times. I thought it maybe the titrant solution was bad so I tried with my new kit (Taylor k2006) and same reaction. I did remember to wipe bottle with damp tissue between drops.

I did open early this year and water is cold. Would that affect test. My ph is 7.8

Thanks! I never read this procedure thoroughly enough. I've always just added until the color changes to red (or pinkish) counting the last drop. Don't think I added a drop after that to see if it changed again. Will need to try the extra drops tonight. Magnetic stirrer sure makes a couple of these tests easier!

Richard320 said:
High FC can make the TA test change from green>pink to blue>yellow.

The exact shade doesn't matter as much as the change.

Ok...that's what it is then. I am in the middle of shocking. My FC is 28. My cya is 70,I have a swg but it is off til I am done shocking. It's amazing how good the water looks opening early. After 2 days I am almost there. Last year I opened 3rd week in may n it was a swamp.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.