hard water or culligan water?

maggy

Apr 11, 2013
I have just purchased 18x48 intex above ground pool, intex krystal clear saltwater system model cs8110 and intex krystal clear sand filter pump 14" model sf15110. do i still need to use the pump that came with the pool? if so which one hooks to the other. lastly i have in the past (without these extras) not had any time in pool due to not being able to keep water clear. with these extras should i use well water( which is very hard) or use culligan, i have access to both. I would love to be able to enjoy this year. please help!!!!!

Welcome to tfp, Maggy :wave:

The number one thing you can do to have a better pool experience is study up in poolschool (link at upper right of page). I would start with this article: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/pool_water_chemistry

maggy said:
do i still need to use the pump that came with the pool?
No, just use the sand filter and pump that came with that.

maggy said:
should i use well water( which is very hard) or use culligan
When you say culigan I am assuming you mean softened water? If yes, then it is unlikely that you will be able to produce enough, quick enough with your culligan softener to make it worthwhile (it will take a lot of salt and many regenerations). Well water is not ideal, since it often has metals in it, but for an intex pool, it shouldn't hurt anything. High metal content typically shows up as a tinting right after the first time you chlorinate. If you end up having that problem, we can help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.