Chart for recommended pump and filter sizes by pool size?

QuiltinMom

Platinum Supporter
Mar 24, 2013
Central Iowa
I was wondering if there is a list complied on this forum somewhere of the pump and filter sizes you experts would recommend based on pool size?

I know I have seen mentioned in individual threads that you should have a minimum size pump for X size of pool. Or "I wouldn't go any smaller then X for this size pool".

But is this info all complied in one area? I can't find it if there is. We are considering buying a used AGP and want to make sure the pump and filter are adequately sized for the pool or if this is something we need to consider in our budget of upgrading the equipment.

Am I making any sense? I feel like I am rambling. I guess I am looking for a quick glance area that says if you are going to purchase a 20' AGP then this is the minimum you would want for pump and filter. Or if you are going to purchase a 24' AGP then this is the minimum you would want for the pump and filter.

OK, done rambling

Re: Chart for recommended pump and filter sizes by pool size

I don't know of a list, but you should note there are other factors in pump sizing like if you have water feature or solar hest

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Chart for recommended pump and filter sizes by pool size

There is a filter chart in a Pumping Station sticky, "Have you lost your head" We generally recommend double the table for cartridge and DE filters and the as listed size for sand.

Pump sizing is more based on water flow requirements than the pool size.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.