The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea

Sciz Milson

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 13, 2012
Subject quote by Isek Dinesen...

Today we're talking about the next step in the Sciz Milson pool. Almost time for salt.

I did a strip test this morning and came up with app. 500 ppm as a baseline. The chart from the swcg manual calculates to the addition of 304 lbs of salt for the 12,500 gallon pool to obtain the recommended 3400 ppm.

Questions:

1. Should I add the salt in 2 - 3 increments with testing in between? I was thinking 100 lbs at a time.
2. Should I leave the pump/filter on filter or recirc during the salt addition process?
3. Should I go ahead and raise the CYA now (prior to salt addition), or wait until the swcg is fully operational and producing chlorine?

Thanks for any tips/tricks/comments/questions in advance.

Best,

Sciz

Re: The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the

I would add about 3/4s of the salt, give it 24 hours to mix in, test again and adjust from there.

The pump should be run continuously for 24 hours after each addition of salt.

I would start raising the CYA level now, but not all the way up to the SWG target level. Aim for a CYA level of 60 for the moment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.