In-Line Chlorinator Issue

trclac

Jul 24, 2009
Houston
I have an in-line chlorinator, which is connected to the main filter by a tube of about one foot in length. The in-line chlorinator has a dial on top, and, typically, when I turn it to zero, I am able to remove the lid and check the status of the tabs. However, when I turned the dial to zero today, I opened the lid to water pouring out. I turned off the pump, the water drained, and I turned the pump back on. The water is filling the in-line chlorinator not from the top hose (which is controlled by the dial), but from the bottom of the chlorinator. I assume something broke and the water exiting the filter is filling it up from the bottom of the chlorinator. :grrrr:

Anyone with any ideas as to what could have gone wrong here? Like I said, I assume something broke, but I'd like to know what kind of repair bill I'm looking at, and, specifically, what happened to allow this seemingly "back flow" of water into the chlorinator.

Thank you.

There is a check valve in the base of the chlorinator that is supposed to only allow water to flow out. Apparently your check valve is either blocked into the open position or has failed completely. It can be fixed fairly easily if you are mechanically inclined and lookup the part(s) you will need on the Internet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.