Fiberglass Pool Surface Problem

Mar 28, 2013
Forgive me if I post in the wrong area...never used this type site before. My pool is 1.5 years old it is a Sun fiberglass kingston style pool...it has been 18 months and the installation process has never been completed...I now have white film and a ice-melting affect on over 98% of the pool. The manufacturer said it is not their product issue. I blame both the manufacturer and the pool installation company for not properly maintaing the pool throughout the installation. My pool is horrible and it is the focal point of my courtyard. We have tried everything, buffing, it comes back over and over again. By chance any suggestions or if anyone can resurface the pool back to its orignal deep blue color? I am just really sick over this...lots of money for such a horrible result.

Welcome to TFP!!!

I split this post from your Introduction Post so the title was a little more descriptive.

I think a few pictures would help everyone visualize what you are describing. It could be due to lack of chemistry maintenance.

We seem to get a few fiberglass horror stories on here. How is it possible for the installation to not be completed by now?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.