AGP winter damage ?

So in your mind you are seeing this as more of a pushing up rather than a liner pulling down ?
I just had a chance to speak to the original installer and he says he has never put a pool in without pavers ! So my 2500 repair could be all the way down to 1000 !
Just need to figure out why this happened and decided on if I should spend the money on the foam base ?
Also if I go with a beaded liner or an overlap ?

Ok got 3 estimates back
1. Resurface , replace liner , and one truck of water 1400.00
2. All the above plus armor guard the bottom and sides ( just the base on the sides ) 1900.00
3. All above remove pool put in patio pavers and reinstall 2400.00
I think I'm in the clear with #3 talked to the guy who installed my pool and he said he has never put in a pool without pavers !
So armor guard worth it ?
Also the pool company I'm dealing with is going to use the guy who put my pool in the first time . So they are making some money off this deal or I could just deal direct with the installer and save a little .the guy who owns the pool company I have know for 10 years he does all of my commercial accounts . I feel bad about just cutting him out but the few hundred saved would cover the cost of the armor guard .

Joedirt34 said:
Ok got 3 estimates back
1. Resurface , replace liner ( j lock 20 mill ) , and one truck of water 1400.00
2. All the above plus armor guard the bottom and sides ( just the base on the sides ) 1900.00
3. All above remove pool put in patio pavers and reinstall 2400.00
I think I'm in the clear with #3 talked to the guy who installed my pool and he said he has never put in a pool without pavers !
So armor guard worth it ?
Also the pool company I'm dealing with is going to use the guy who put my pool in the first time . So they are making some money off this deal or I could just deal direct with the installer and save a little .the guy who owns the pool company I have know for 10 years he does all of my commercial accounts . I feel bad about just cutting him out but the few hundred saved would cover the cost of the armor guard .

If there's any possibility of you having nutsedge the armor guard is a necessary item. I've seen and heard about many pools where the owners had never seen a sprig of it had it grow through their liners the first year.

Had to Google that one ! Not sure if I have nutsedge but I know I have crab grass . Have never seen it come into the pool . But I have felt small rocks under the liner and if I understand this correct the under guard and the cove will protect the liner

You only need a liner guard if you have a concern for something poking thru the liner (and crab grass won't do that), and liner guards provide no cushion/comfort, that's a different product.

Personally if this was my pool I wouldn't be doing anything until I knew for sure what the problem is, especially if this would be your third kick at the can.
Don't rush in and spend a wack of cash until you know for sure what the problem is, so it can be properly corrected.

Is the pool wall still in the track?

AND...

Why not save yourself a grand and DIY with a couple friends on a weekend or whatever?

Pool is still track . Or at least I don't see it out of track anywhere . I'm thinking about doing it myself but I just don't want to hold up my family's summer .
I'm worried enough that it can't be fixed that I'm looking at pools online now .lol

If there is no water in the pool but ice, I could see it flex n bow. Why don't you just wait n see how it looks with the ice melted before you buy anything. It may just need a new liner or not.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
All I can do is Waite and see . Maybe it's nothing ? Maybe it's just a a new liner ?
No cats ! That's me trying to get some snow weigh off . I'm staying off it now .
The funny thing is the walls look a little better to me each day ( less and less bowing in )
I guess only time will tell

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.