Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Tf-100 Kit....... shelf life

1. Back To Top    #1

Tf-100 Kit....... shelf life

how long would you say all the cool stuff in the kit lasts, it has been kept in the laundry room. but i still have a great supply of all the tests, but since im not takeing care of the pool for a while, how long can this stuff sit.

2. Back To Top    #2
    The TF Test Kit uses Taylor reagents. Taylor only rates their reagents for one year. However, stored in a cool dark place everything in the test kit should last at least two year and quite possibly longer.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi Jason,

My order for the TF-100 is plenty of back up reagents. Since my ambient temp here is high, will it help if I put in a refrigerator at 4 deg celcius ?

Thanks
    35,000 GL pool. In Ground. Concrete with all white ceramic tiles. Outdoor but shaded.
    Approx 36 ft by 15 feet. 2HP Hayward Super Pump, Hayward Sand Filter with Zelbrite ( Zeolite ), Hayward Cartridge Filter, Aquamatic Silver+Copper Ionizer ( suspended use since Oct 2008 ), Prozone Ozonator, 2 gram/hr, Analog Flowmeter on pipe

Back Up Pump & Filter on trolley, Pentair 1.5HP + Pentair Cartridge Filter, Slime Bag 1 micron Jumbo Size, downstream of Cartridge

4. Back To Top    #4
    It's not just temperature but the chlorine test reagents are ruined by light, moisture (for the DPD powder), and oxygen. All the other reagents in the kit should last at least 2 years or more if not stored under extreme conditions. the DPD powder and FAS titrant are the ones with the short shelf life.