Dolphin Robotic Cleaners

So, after researching all over the net I still can't figure out whether it has one or two motors. The description from Doheny's doesn't say either way so I'm leaning towards one. On the other hand the closed I can find is the Leslie's Deluxe 4 which has one motor but no remote. The Deluxe 5 has the remote same as mine and it says two motors. To confuse things even more, the literature that came with the Discovery call it a model MCC6/MTC6, neither of which apparently exists as far as the interwebs are concerned.

Instead of helping you clarify, I probably made it worse!

As far as the "quick clean" goes, I believe it just skips cleaning the walls. It will go maybe a quarter of the way up and then reverse. The speed as which it moves stays the same regardless of the mode. Doesn't get stuck on anything either. I've watched it go over my pool light as well as the drain cover with no problems. It even made it up a couple of the steps...didn't really do much good as the steps were too narrow but it was pretty funny to watch.

The foam rollers do a good job of picking up tiny debris (I could actually see the path of where the foam rollers went over on the initial cleaning).

Construction seem pretty solid, not too much bending or flexing. I actually work for a company that imports a lot from China/Taiwan/India but this is made in Israel and the fit/finish seem pretty good.

Let me know if you have any other questions. It's kinda frustrating trying to find good info with all the private labeling that's going on and the reviews are basically non-existant.

I just bought the Dolphin Dynamic...it has 2 motors...It is a bit old school...works like an IRobot...in that it randomly cleans the pool...but you know what it did a pretty good job, picked up leaves and small sticks...I didn't even have to use the remote(which it comes with). It climbs the walls up to the waterline...It does a better job of cleaning the pool than me...I sucked with the manual vacuum... ;)

Time will tell whether I got a good deal or not...but so far I'm pretty happy.
http://www.inyopools.com/Products/05600 ... tm#reviews

I liked my dynamic even picked up long piece of Palm leaves ... apparently just died at 3.5 years. Borrowing my FIL diagnostic, does not work nearly as well with the single motor ... had to remove the extra floats on the handle to keep it from floating over as it went up the walls, which it does not do as well. Also seems to get stuck in a curving pattern that does not get the entire pool.

The 2 motors on the dynamic were far superior to this one. I rarely used the remote since it did such a great job.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Well, I pulled the trigger on the Aquabot Elite RC. Picks up a lot of dirt, which is my big problem. Still getting used to it. It comes with 4 foam pads that you add to assist the wall cleaning. 4 pads is way too much, 3 pads is too much. Still have to try 2 and 1. Anyway, I'm still expeirimenting. I give a good review when I get a chance.

So I've finally had a few opportunities to use my new Triton. I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. The robot gets around well, climbs the walls nicely, brushes are always going BUT - It doesn't vacuum well. It doesn't stay close to the floor. The suction is not great. After every full cycle (About 3 hours) there is still a lot of dirt on the floor. This is not heavy or large debris. This is just light dirt that accumulated overnight. I see the robot pass right over it and not pick it up. Any suggestion would be helpful because at this point I would rather manually vacuum. It is much more effective. I'm past my 30 day return window so I can only deal with Maytronics. What a shame after spending this kind of money.

What is your filter bag rated at. Mine is 2 microns and the really fine dirt gets past that. It eventually gets it after the filter bag gets clogged with other dirt. You can buy disposable bags that filter down to two microns. Does your filter bag have two little plastic rings in the corners? Dirt passes through those as well. What are you seeing in the filter bag after a cycle?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Try e-bay, or Amazon. I saw one guy selling 6 of the disposable bags for $25. With the disposables you leave them in for 3 or 4 cleanings then throw them away. I think they filter down to 2 microns. They advertised for Dolphin and Aquabot. I have a sneaking suspicion all of the bags are pretty similar.

CrashingMetal said:
BUT - It doesn't vacuum well. It doesn't stay close to the floor. The suction is not great.

I'm almost tempted to think that there's something amiss with the floats. It should weigh enough when submerged to keep it on the bottom. Not sure about your particular model, but on mine the floats are adjustable in case it's having trouble climbing.

Mine also has foam pads that you initially have to squeeze while submerged to get all the air out. My discovery picks up ALL the dirt, sand, particles etc...

Just my $0.02

Due to all the private labeling, I'm not sure what the Dolphin Triton model is like is versus the Dolphin Supreme M4, but I just bought the Supreme M4, which also has cartridges. If it's like mine, there will be a spring cartridge and a "fine" cartridge. The summer/fine cartridge will filter even better, though I've been suitably impressed with the cleaning capability of the Supreme even with the "spring" cartridges. Is your cartridge top-loaded?

If it's similar in design to the Supreme M4, you may want to push the floats in to see if that makes a difference. Best wishes.

Somewhere on here I've also read that "burping" the Dolphins by turning upside down in the water to get the air out, plus ensuring the handle is at a diagonal angle, improves performance. You might want to try that too.

Well my Triton is finally working like it should. For one reason or another it is MUCH less powerful with the standard filter cartridges. I put the Spring cartridges in and it's like a new machine. Climbing the walls, the steps, picking up every particle of dirt on the pool floor. THIS is what I had heard about these robots and am now thrilled to have it. Well worth the money!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.