Pentair / Jandy or Hayward heater

Bmill

Feb 13, 2013
So I have a bit of a mixed bag pool system in Ca.
A Jandy RS OneTouch control, a Pentair IntelliFlow pump. Along with a Hayward salt system and heater. The salt cell and control board are dead. Heater is on its last legs. So what should I purchase?

Pool is about 15000 gallons.
Easy of use and quality are most important to me.
Thanks guys.

Gas or electric heater? Lots of folks like the sta-rite max e therm gas heater. All composite construction, electronic ignition, etc. As far as heat pumps go, aqua-cal and Pentair are big around here. Both have composite cabinet, good warranties(Pentair is better if I recall), and seem to have good longevity.

IMO, go with the salt system that has the best warranty. Every last one will have an issue at some point. The cell has limited life and the board will also take a dump eventually. Jandy aquapureM coupled with plc1400 or plc700 cell should allow diagnostics and adjustments from inside. It's possible that the Hayward may do the same, depending on aqualink board revision.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.