New Build Started Today! Cypress Texas

We have water! Started filling thursday evening and it took until Friday evening. They started the pool today, so we are in business. I am too tired to post pics tonight.. but hopefully tomorrow. Happy Easer all! KIM

They estimate 20,000. Thanks! Love the turtles especially but all the mosaics are super cute! I hated to spend the money, but I am so glad I did, it is worth it.

I promise to post pics soon, been such a busy weekend!

New pics! Got spray deck today... so we are almost done! These pics are filling pool and spray deck...oh and Nemo! My son couldn't stand it so we let him get in for a little while.. being very careful and on the float! It was super cold! Looking forward to being able to heat the pool in 3 weeks!

8611411897_126c32a531.jpg

8611411513_803dae6a4a.jpg

8611411737_7382aaafaa.jpg

[imghttp://farm9.staticflickr.com/8117/8612517810_2b753b99b2.jpg][/img]
8611411097_7a0317f2f5.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I do have another comment/question..... we started the pool up on Saturday.. acid start. I have been brushing 2x per day. I checked my water today and my ph is way high... 8.2 etc. I texted the builder if I should add acid and he said high ph is normal at this point, just brush..... any thoughts?

It's normal to go high but you need to add acid to bring it down into normal range.

My pool is white plaster and I went through, roughly, 6 gallons of acid in the first two months.
I now have my acid dispensed with a intelliph through the easytouch. It has stayed perfect since then.

It is exciting! Josh and his friends and mommy can't wait for it to be warm and the pool to be really ready to swim! 3 weeks is an eternity... Gonna try to keep them out as much as possible. Plus its just too cold!

Thanks Dave-- added acid today and quite a bit! As you know we are expecting rain so I will probably need more over the next few days.

I know we arent supposed to vacuum or use our cleaner due to the wheels for 3 weeks but I read somewhere else that you can use a vinyl liner pool vacuum head and go ahead and vacuum. I really want to do that as there is so much dirt in the pool from the sand all around etc. The head looks like it just has a brush on the bottom and no wheels. Any thoughts on this idea?

Thanks, KIM

Well, we replaced more grass today, we started that this past weekend. So, its looking better. They also came and built our fire pit today. We are almost done! I also decided to splurge on a Margaritaville blender! I am sure we will get lots of use out of that this summer! I will just be glad when it warms up.... and dries up, its like a slosh pit in some areas of my yard! will try to post pic of fire pit tomorrow.....

congratulations on being almost complete. What is the reason for the hole in the decking behind your tanning bed?
This has been a week of patience as hardly anything has been completed do to the rain. Also our mason had a family emergency, so the stone work did not get completed. Hoping to see some stuff done today and tomorrow with next week preparing for Pebblesheen.

Txsteel- That is where our firepit is now! They just built it yesterday! I will try to update pics today. It will be a gas firepit. they built the frame, its flagstone and now it needs to be finished with the rest of the insides. We could sure use it with this crazy weather we have!

I am so sorry things are moving so slow for you. I know that is frustrating. My first pool I built took 2.5 months. disaster. I had a good product at the end but it was a horrible process. I tried my best to make sure I hired a better company this time around! If you are getting your pebble next week you are almost there!

Txgirl, could you take a picture of of your spa overflow now that your pool has water in it? My spa is going to be 24 inches above the waterline and Im trying to determine if I want my stacked stone to go all the way to the waterline, or if I only want it to go down say 12 inches or so. I think txsteel sent you a pic of his too on an earlier post, but both of your spas look to be only 12 inches or so above the waterline.Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.