DPD Chlorine Test FC and TC - Free Chlorine and Total Cl

BitViper said:
Im trying to make heads or tails of this test.. I found here:
extended-test-kit-directions-t25081.html

Ive got a TF-100 kit and at step 6 of teh extendex directions it says to ...compare the shade of colr aginst the color chart.. What color chart?
The colors on the side of the test block. It's the one in the little blue box inside the big TF100 kit.

It works best against a white background with good natural light.
:testkit:

The TF100 does not include the DPD test. In the blue box is the OTO test with the pH test. The instructions you want to look at are for the FAS-DPD test which uses the powder.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

IDK what you mean by equivalent.

The FAS-DPD is the most accurate for FC and CC. The OTO is really only good at detecting the presence of chlorine.

The directions you are looking at should describe the differences between the tests.

No one test kit includes all of the tests described in The Extended Test Kit Directions. For example it describes three different chlorine tests, even though most kits only include one of them. Different kits come with different chlorine tests, so we described them all.

jblizzle said:
IDK what you mean by equivalent.

The FAS-DPD is the most accurate for FC and CC. The OTO is really only good at detecting the presence of chlorine.

The directions you are looking at should describe the differences between the tests.

jblzzle.... THAT is exactly what I wa slooking for thanks... Guess I missed that detail... They arent equivelent... OTO is a "quick and dirty" test.. an the drop test the most accurate..

Perfect

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.