Bronze Supporter
Jul 29, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm putting up one of the intex 9x18 pools, and shopping for a solar cover...and it seems that the only company that anyone sells in a 9x18, or 9xAnything more than 18 (9x20 would be fine because i am installing a reel anyway) is intex. I'm wary to get the official intex one sight unseen after buying a cheap (intex? Don't remember) one last year for my old round intex that was no heavier than the bubble wrap you buy at office max and fell apart in no time in the hot Vegas sun.

Those of you with the intex 9x18 pool, any recommendations for a solar cover? If you use the intex one, is it decent or the pos I fear it is? I know I could buy a larger one and cut it down if I have to, but I want to try avoiding that if I can

If you don't want to trust the Intex one, your best bet is to buy a larger one and cut it to fit. You could buy one twice the size you need and cut it in half and store the un-used half indoors. That way you'd have 2 for the price of 1 and just replace the first half when it fails.

I have found the Intex solar cover lasts 2 seasons and then they start falling apart. I got a larger more heavy duty one from In The Swim and it lasted 3 years. I just purchased a solar as well and hopefully that will be a little less wear and tear from pulling it off and on. I got the cover on Amazon for $37 with free shipping.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.