Decision between three options for oval above ground pool

Re: Decision between three options for oval above ground poo

The deck over the rail has to allow for access, that's very important, there's other reasons you may need to pull the rails off other than day to day liner wear.

Your right about standing on the rail, we have ours level with the deck but it's really not that big of a deal with adults, and if you tell them ahead of time it should be ok, honestly, most people jump in the water well back of the rail, or they enter via the steps. At most you'll only get a half a foot on the rail so the majority of weight is on the deck.
My daughter is 7 and she does stand on the rail, at this point the rail can support her weight no problem, at some point in the future she will have to respect the rail.
Personally I like the deck even with the rail.

One option you may want to consider is going a few inches below the rail, then swimmers have no choice but to respect the rail. I think under the rail is also a nice look but it can be a potential tripping hazard.

On our model pool the rails swivel open, so I actually have to remove a couple of boards to take the rails off, that was a concious decision on my part.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.