Pipes for pump & circulation

Monkey said:
I think it will likely take a few days to get the part.. Will the filtration etc work as usual without the gauge being on the filter? Guess its got some form of valve which prevents leakage without it being attached.

I would think that with it off you would get water spraying out when it was in most modes - the pressure sensor needs to be exposed to the pressure and I don't think that any type of check valve would work since the pressure could only go up not down if there was a one way towards it.

Most of the time the fitting is something common to your region. You should be able to find a fitting to plug that in a hardware store or pool supply store.

OK. Just to be sure then, dont want a load of water spraying everywhere, too cold.. lol. If the pumps remains off, then it won´t leak/spray!... The pressure is only there when the pump is actually running...

So theres nothing I need to isolate, when I unscrew it from the filter?

Monkey said:
OK. Just to be sure then, dont want a load of water spraying everywhere, too cold.. lol. If the pumps remains off, then it won´t leak/spray!... The pressure is only there when the pump is actually running...

So theres nothing I need to isolate, when I unscrew it from the filter?

I can't say for sure - but with my pool when I switch the pump off and open anything like that it will allow the water to drain back into the pool which means priming the pump later and it allow air into the filter that later needs to be purged. Some setups - particularly for AGP's might actually leak water. If in doubt you can shut off the suction and return valves to reduce the problem - of course these must be opened again before switching the pump back on.

EDIT: if your multiport has a "CLOSED" option that might be all you need to do as an alternative. Again switch this to filter or something else before turning the pump on.

I see. Bit worried about it now, so will leave it till I get further confirmation.

Maybe you can confirm Bama? Do I need to shut anything down, worry about prime /air, when unscrewing the gauge?

Monkey said:
I see. Bit worried about it now, so will leave it till I get further confirmation.

Maybe you can confirm Bama? Do I need to shut anything down, worry about prime /air, when unscrewing the gauge?

Sorry if I worried you. I'm saying if you turn off the suction valves (which you can do from the pictures I've seen) you can reduce to almost nothing the risk of losing prime - and it isn't hard to fix anyway - just load the pump basket and pipes with water before you turn on the pump. As for air in the filter - most have an air relief valve for that very reason.

Re: Pipes for pump & circulation

Is the equipment/gauge above or below the pool water level?

You can get a new gauge at any hardware store. U think they are just 1/4" threads.

If in doubt just close all the valves when you swap them out. Really should take less than a minute to do this.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Then you certainly will need to shut off the suction and return valves (or if possible a Closed postition on the multivalve instead) otherwise water is going to continually be pushed out of the hole you open up for the gauge.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.