New Pool in SE Texas-New Pics

We have already had 3 fires in our fire pit for parties, each one with it still over 90 degrees. You can do both.....

By the way, do you know hard it is to find black lava rock in Austin in the middle of the summer? I went to one place and asked, the guy at the counter said he didn't know, he had to ask someone else. He went into the back of the store and I overheard him tell someone that there was some idiot (me) out in front looking for some black lava rock. Even I had to laugh when I heard that. It was 106 that day!

skylar18 said:
We have already had 3 fires in our fire pit for parties, each one with it still over 90 degrees. You can do both.....

By the way, do you know hard it is to find black lava rock in Austin in the middle of the summer? I went to one place and asked, the guy at the counter said he didn't know, he had to ask someone else. He went into the back of the store and I overheard him tell someone that there was some idiot (me) out in front looking for some black lava rock. Even I had to laugh when I heard that. It was 106 that day!
:goodjob: I can relate to that!! With my never-ending DIY outdoor kitchen, the HD and Lowes workers would run when they saw me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Dave, your pool is just as beautiful as your kitchen build out. Like your free form design.
I envy your yard space. We have a 3 car garage that sits farther back from the front of the house and takes up backyard space.

DIY landscaping came out great too.

Dave, your pool is just as beautiful as your kitchen build out. Like your free form design.
I envy your yard space. We have a 3 car garage that sits farther back from the front of the house and takes up backyard space.

DIY landscaping came out great too.
Thanks CC! I'm really impressed with yours as well. We really got lucky with buying the plot and house and always dreamed of having a pool. Our PB was easy to work with and very reasonable. After the wife and viewed all the fancy programs from the other PB sales folks (8 quotes) we were certainly concerned when our soon to be PB showed up in shorts, flip-flops and sketched ideas on scrap paper. But, we checked references and looked at his work and...wow he saved us at least $25K and I was able to include the outdoor FP, twice the decking and install a awesome sprinkler system (9 zones). He just told me and the wife to lay out a water hose of whatever design we wanted and then he showed up to dig and made it bigger with a huge tanning ledge; said it would look funny to have such a small pool in our yard no extra charge "just respect my subs while they work"-we did take care of them. Come to find out, he is a PhD-Finance guy tired of the rat-race so he started a pool company. Our only regret is not going with travertine decking (he recommended it).

We can't wait to add to the landscaping this weekend!

Love your pool & outdoor space! I most especially love the pics of your cute dog swimming!

- - - Updated - - -

Dave, who was your PB?

Also, did you price out travertine? Our PB quoted me an extra 4k for natural stone decking...which we just can't justify spending right now. So we're sticking w/pea gravel.

Love your pool & outdoor space! I most especially love the pics of your cute dog swimming!

- - - Updated - - -

Dave, who was your PB?

Also, did you price out travertine? Our PB quoted me an extra 4k for natural stone decking...which we just can't justify spending right now. So we're sticking w/pea gravel.
Thank you! Dice is our webbed-foot-knuckle-head. Our PB was Ultimate Pools & Spas (near Baytown); I would still recommend them (excellent quality and customer service). My final price with the decking (+/-1800SF), extra rock and outdoor fireplace was $52K. Get this! The original quote was for Travertine Pavers and I could have pushed him to cover it, but we allowed kool-deck, because of a cost over-run on the Fireplace :hammer: I know, Hindsight!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.