LifeTime Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
Venice, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Crazy thing. I woke this morning to find that my spa had drained more than half way. The pool over flow was functioning as well. The pad showed no evidence of leak.

We run the hayward automated system and at night, it switches to spa and shuts off.

My mechanics in pool mode drain from the pool and skimmers and return to the elevated spa that spills over to the pool in addition to the standard pool returns and the fountain.

Of not the spa is higher than the pool and the pool higher than the equipment. Also first cold night last night to a temp of 37 degrees.

I started to fill the spa, but instead ran the pool and watched as the spa filled and started to spill over.

I called my builder. This pool is 6 mos old and haven't got a response yet.

The other terrible aspect is that I was on the way to the airport this morning, and now can only tend to this through my house sitter for the next 2 days.

What is going on with the plumbing of my pool? My suspicion given that the pool was a bit overfilled is that somehow my spa drained into the pool.

Do y'all have any insight...I have no doubt, you always do.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

There is a check valve. It's a little thing with a window on it, right? The builder was there today, but being out of town we haven't touch base yet.

When I turned the pool on yesterday the spa filled right back up, and continues now.

Thank you

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.