leaks :( anyone heard of flood grouting

Dan-H

LifeTime Supporter
May 28, 2011
No. CA
I suspected a leak all summer but did not want to shut down the equipment to find it.

I used the brain-dead approach and turned everything off, and the leak was 3/4" plus per day until the water level got close to the return jets, and it has since stabilized.

Next step is a pressure test, but in the mean time I started looking for leak repair companies, and I came across a web site that uses an two part process called flood grouting. ( f l o o d g r o u t i n g . n e t )

Has anyone heard of this process?

Never heard of it, but it sounds neat. Although I don't think anything would compare to actually replacing a bad line with a new one.
Get quotes from them and from someone else who will dig up the line and compare.

You can kinda check to see what line is broken yourself. If you cap off one end of the suspected pipe open up the other end and fill it with a garden hose to the brim and then watch to see if the water starts to fall below the brim. I do this after I'm done pressure testing to show the customer as it's a much more visual way of understanding something is wrong as opposed to a pressure gauge dropping.

http://www.americanleakdetection.com/ use tools from Anderson www.leaktools.com including listening devices and helium detectors. In other words if a line has a leak you can usually pin point it to within a few feet. The helium detector works by pumping the gas into the line and the very light gas will seep out of the leak and through the concrete deck itself since the molecules are so small.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.