For those that use bleach bottles to keep the cover down

My pool cover just made it through hurricane Sandy using a cable, a few clips and the pool wrap stuff. I have to put some of the wrap back in place in one section but it did what it was supposed to do and kept the wind from getting under the cover. The wind wasn't from the normal direction but I never got a balloon affect. Hopefully this setup will work for normal wind but so far no complaints.

I used the cable and 2 clips/per section and 3 on the ends (Oval). We had 50-70 mph gusts during hurricane Sandy, and I only had one clip pop off. I used that wrap once, never again. Clips are pricey but reusable. This is my second season with the clips.

MikeInNH said:
My pool cover just made it through hurricane Sandy using a cable, a few clips and the pool wrap stuff. I have to put some of the wrap back in place in one section but it did what it was supposed to do and kept the wind from getting under the cover. The wind wasn't from the normal direction but I never got a balloon affect. Hopefully this setup will work for normal wind but so far no complaints.

Pool wrap? Is that this stuff? http://www.amazon.com/Winter-Pool-Cover ... B002WKJ4Y4

rjg202 said:
I used the cable and 2 clips/per section and 3 on the ends (Oval). We had 50-70 mph gusts during hurricane Sandy, and I only had one clip pop off. I used that wrap once, never again. Clips are pricey but reusable. This is my second season with the clips.
I've done the same but the wind still got underneath so this year I have all 3. So far so good but I won't really know until I get strong NE winds. I bet an over sized cover would help a bunch. This is my last year for the cover I have, it's pretty beat, so I'll try the bigger one next year.

UnderWaterVanya, it's very similar but blue. Very sticky stuff. I got it from the Ebay seller "poolsupplies", they have free shipping.

Glad I stumbled across this thread. I just purchased a LEAF NET Cover (22 x 40)and was wondering just how to hold it down. I think I'll try the bleach bottle method since I have so Dang many of them anyway. :)

Hurricane Sandy update

My 27' round ABG with a cover for a 28' round pool on it did just fine.

All I had holding it down was the cable, but I make sure the cable is OVER the cover and that there is plenty of cover under the cable.

My 4' x 8' air pillow somhow freed itself from its' ropes and drifted to one side of the pool under the cover. That was an easy fix once I got the rain water off of the cover.

-dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.