Is there a way to seal Sun Deck/ Kool deck? DIY job

Oct 7, 2012
Puerto Rico
Hi, I recently install my very first pool. Based on being handy and on budget mostly, we tackled the job on ourselves. So far so good, but after we poured the sidewalks and apply Sun deck problems started. I bought the "Desert Deck" (supposedly another brand of Kooldeck) from a local pool supplier. I ask for instructions and they told me that for every bag should be mixed with 8 small 25lbs of marble sand and white cement 50lbs, then apply to freshly poured concrete with a brush then throwel before it hardens. The first batch I only use 4 bags of marble sand instead of 8, second batch tried the original formula. The first batch held out pretty good, but the second started crumbling within a week. I asked around to see if theres a sealer or something that could add more strength and shine to the deck. First batch even it held is very pale and opaque. Also let me know whats wrong with mix. Thanks a lot.

The instructions say 10 gallons of marble sand size 20, 1 bag 94 lbs of white cement and 8 gallons of water.
So it doesn't sound like you followed the right recipe.
Their website has great videos ect for this.
Truly this is not generally a do it yourself project, it takes a long time to get the skills to do it right and fast as it has to go over very green concrete.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.