Cost to run an electric heat pump?

Do you leave the solar cover on until just before you want to use the pool?

I think eventually I'll have to break down and get a cover, and just cut it into 3 pieces or so..

Does anyone recommend a cover for an odd shaped pool that I can cut up?

JasonLion said:
With a heat pump it is best to heat the pool during the day. Heat pumps are more efficient when the air temperature is higher.

True, but... If you have time-of-day electric pricing you must trade-off the cost to run at a lower efficiency at night with cheaper power versus higher efficiency in the day with more expensive power.

yes, we leave the cover on until we use the pool (so far its only been removed acouple times a week). the cover is a pain (all the spring tree pods still landing everywhere) but, it has been really helping to maintain the heat.

chris

I would think any of the blue bubble type covers could be cut into sections....hopefully someone with more experience will chime in (we are new to our pool) :)

I thought I saw someone on here or another pool board that had cut their solar cover to fit their above ground pool (so its very possible (its just thick bubble wrap) :)
but, I'm not sure if it affects the floating ability of the cover? (i would think so though)

chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.