Pumps with a fault breaker built in

Sep 4, 2012
I just got a new pump for my 15ft above ground pool and it's working great. my only problem is that i had my old pump set up on a timer as i have the clear water salt system set to turn on at a certain time each night. The pump will not turn on unless i press the rest button on the plug as when the timer finishes and turns the pump of it is triggering the fault breaker.. Does any one have any suggestions on how i can get around this problem?

Was the old pump set up this way? Is the circuit it is plugged into a GFCI protected circuit. I would suspect that the timer may have something to do with it. I am not fully convinced though as the timer is before the plug mounted GFCI. The plug mounted GFCI will only detect current leakage between the plug and the motor and trip out.

If the timer circuit is on a GFCI, you can remove the GFCI on the cord end and install just a regular cord end. A lot of the cord end type GFCI devices are made to trip when power is lost.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.