Ladder/Handrail cups with paver patio?

janthony

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 27, 2012
Clarksville, TN
I'm about to self-install a 20x40 IG liner pool and I'm wondering? Besides pouring small concrete slabs in the areas for my ladder and handrail, how can I adequately secure them if I plan to use pavers for the patio? Also, I am planning for umbrella sleeves. Anyone know of a good material to use for these? PVC? Bronze?

Sorry you haven't gotten an answer, I do not have an answer for you either but im in the same boat as you. I am a DIY 18x36 with pave patio and cantilever coping. My plan for the ladder/handrail is to pour a 3 inch think slab the entire way around my pool but keep it down so my pavers sit flush with the top of the pool. The slab will allow me to mortar the pavers to keep them in place around the pool edge and will also allow me to drill into to anchor the ladder/handrail.

I had hoped to start this year, but things keep delaying it.

To both of you, you must also include provisions for electrically bonding the ladders and rails to the pool and electrical system. This is a safety issue, and must not be overlooked.

You can get bronze ladder and rail cups that are long enough to be imbedded in concrete and extend through a paver deck. By the way the cups have to be installed in concrete of adequate size and weight to properly secure them. Otherwise they can pull right out and, potentially, hurt someone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.