HELP!!!! Installing a Hayward Ecostar SP 3400vsp

Aug 31, 2012
I am installing a Hayward Ecostar SP 3400 VSP and have a few questions.

1. I have a Goldline control sysytem. Do I wire the pump direct as stated on page 9 or do I run it through the Goldline system?

2. If I run it through the Goldline system, will it still operate as a variable speed or does this override the varible speed function?

3. What other functions would be disabled if wired through the Goldline system?

4. I have 1 1/2" plumbing that will be adapted up about a foot from the pump. It is my understanding that I need to regulate the maximum speed on the pump due to the fact I have 1 1/2" plumbing. What does the maximum speed need to be set at?

Thank you in advance for helping me with my delima! I truly appreciate the expert advice.

Jeff

1. Wire the Ecostar directly to your pump breakers, not the pump relays.
2. The Ecostar will operate as a variable speed pump; the communication wire will handle the integration between the Goldline controller and the Ecostar pump.
3. No other functions of the Ecostar pump will be disabled, however you will not be able to select speeds on the pump interface; the Goldline controller locks out the pump speed interface (the pump menu and diagnostics are still available on the pump interface).
4. Each pool will be different and you will need to experiment with the different speeds to see what works best for your application.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.