chlorine question

Jun 28, 2012
Michigan
I have a swg pool running on a 6 hr timer with my 2650 gallon pump running 8 hrs. The pump starts at about 9am the swg at about 9:15am. The sun is right on the pool daily.

My kids were out of the pool for one month. Now that their back in the water &i went back to daily testing, i noticed my chlorine is staying at an orange level even with 6 kids in the pool daily & direct sunlight.

I did the dpd fas test my FC was only 5 my CC was .5

But the OTO is dark orange.

PH is about 7.5

What do you all suggest.

Thanks

Normally I would say trust your FAS-DPD test, but are you saying that the OTO chlorine test is showing orange? How much of the R-0870 powder are you using with the FAS-DPD test? Are you using a heaping spoonful? If you are, try it with two heaping spoonfuls, in case your FC is really high and you haven't been putting enough in.

Here are the extended test kit instructions for the FAS-DPD test: http://www.troublefreepool.com/extended-test-kit-directions-t25081.html#p206393

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.