Brushing - What does it do and how hard should you brush?

Re: Brushing - What does it do and how hard should you brush

I actually brush by hand usually....I'm a scuba diver
So I put on my gear & go over the pool, I bring the vac with me & a brush
Since my liner was old it also gave me a chance to look at the walls/floors for any problems

Brushing the pool is the equivalent of dusting in the house. Just blowing on a coffee table won't move the dust. Water circulation alone won't move the dust in the pool, either.

Try brushing from inside the pool sometime. You'll be amazed at how cloudy the water will look within about 2" of the wall.

Since the pool was replastered and I have to brush the pool like crazy....I think I have most of the brushed around to compare... the Whale, King Fin, standard brush and the newer wide end brush (at least I haven't seen it until now). YEah and I have the bottle type brush for the corners.

Both the Whale tail and King Fin can be removed and put on another brush. The King fin comes detached and you attach it on the 2 springs that allow the fin to flex back and forth.

The whale works best for me on the long pushes to the deep end.
The King Fin works best on the walls.
The wide end brush is best for the spa and steps. The wide brush doesn't have the screws on top to allow attachment to the Whale or King Fin,

I think I'm obsessed with brushing at the moment :roll:

TomAtlanta said:
Since the pool was replastered and I have to brush the pool like crazy

Why do you have to brush more after replastering? What if you don't?

The plaster continues to cure over a period of about 2 weeks. If debris sits on the new plaster it will stain. Brushing also removes some of the "cream" that is left after fthe plaster is floated with a trowl. This "cream" appears as a white haze on a colored or pebbled pool. Hairlike cracks can appear in the "cream" as well and these are swept away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.