DIY Inground

bckcx2

Aug 21, 2011
Watson, Louisiana
I have been doing alot of research and I have deceided to do my own inground install. My local pool guy quoted my $29,800 for 18'x36' basic pool. With the kits I have been looking at I can do it for around $15k with Fiber lighting and better equipment. I was looking for anyone that has installed their own and how you felt about the process. Any and all comments are welcome. FYI I do have extensive construction experiance and as my kids tell everyone "can fix anything" LOL Thanks all!!

If I had it to do over again .. And was willing to spend the money for an inground, I would ask hubby tj attempt it with me. We do home renovations and are handy at learning how to do things. I think it would be a fun learning experience and a challenge too. Go for it!

Very interested in following this project. Planning the very same thing myself in the upcoming months, or as soon as I can have septic tank lines moved and get some trees down.

Best of luck to you, and it seems the folks here in TPF are a pretty secure safety net :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.