Salt generator readings accurate?

fordsbyjay

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 1, 2009
Lafayette, LA
I have an aqua rite pro with a T9 cell on my pool and I was curious as to how accurate the salt reading are. I am waiting for some new refills for my test kit so I went to the pool store for a test. They reported a salt level of 5200 ppm while I am showing 3500.

How old is the cell? One sign of it going bad is reading low salt levels.

If you keep it happy, it will keep generating, but you may end up with high salt levels when you do eventually have to replace the cell.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

It is about 3 years old IIRC. I did have to clean it out today due to a bunch of scaling. I work out of town a lot so it has been getting neglected. The downside to saltwater is it is so maintenance free that you get lazy on the regular checks. :blah: It is spiffy clean now so I will have to see how it works. Is there a machine to test them at the pool place?

they do have a system to test the cell, but I am not really sure what it actually tests. Might just be whether it functions at all, and not take into account reduced performance.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.