ph decreaser

bboran

Jul 17, 2012
Can i use ph decreaser that is made for spas? I bought it by accident. It says its 91% sodium bisulfate but it also contains mineral crystals. Also when i go to put it in the pool calculator what percentage is it for me to determine how much to put in. Do i just follow the directions on the back which state for 800 gallons and a ph of 7.6 to 7.8 you add 1.5 tsp. I have an intex 12 ft pool with approx 1900 gallons and i run the filter 24/7 that came with it. so far my water has been crystal clear and i have been dumping about 2 cups of household bleach to it every other day. My chlorine right now is 2.4 so i added 2 cups this morning and my ph is 7.8. I am very new at this. Also i bought small pool sanitizer last year for my kiddie pool and its granular so if i want to use that instead of bleach to use it up how do i determine how much i need to put in?
Its also by hth.

Thank you so much!

it just says on the bottle contains mineral crystals for a relaxing spa experience but the active ingredients are just the sodium bisultate of 91%. The inert ingredients are 9% Maybe i better not use it and just go get ph decreased made for pools?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.