Changes in PSI on my filter

haybird

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2007
Ontario
Hi,
I have a 3 way valve hooked up on my return line.
One line goes to two returns in the pool and two returns in the steps.
The other goes to a jetted tub. When I run the returns my PSI is 15 or 16.
When I run just the jetted tub it jumps to 30psi. Does this sound normal is there
any problem with the PSI at 30? Thanks

It seems to me that it makes sense. How many jets do you have in your tub and what size are they? What size are the pool returns? Chances are the tub returns are probably smaller and you have less of them so it is harder for the water to flow through. This would make the pressure reading higher.

is the jump when you close the pool returns and open the tub returns? So you have 4 returns in the pool; how many in the tub? The tub probably has smaller internal pipes or tighter outlets for the jet effect, therefore it can't flow as fast, bumping up the pressure.

Thanks for the replies. It jumps when I shut off the returns and open the tub.
There are four returns in the tub but they do look smaller(tighter). So as you said
I quess thats why the pressure jumps. Thanks

I think the reason you are seeing such a high rise in PSI is because you only have 4 jets. The fewer the jets you have, the higher the PSI rise will be because of the higher the flow per jet.

What size pump are you running?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.