Using another aboveground pool to add on to other???

kplaster

Bronze Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
Randleman,NC
Well,just wondering..Well,have been offer'd a 27 foot .Just gota get it...Would love to have a 33 ft.Was just wondering if it would be possible to take the spare pool&cut the wall&add to my pool now&add the bottom&top rail's,upper support's,etc..No it will not all look the same .But,just wondering if anyone has managed to go bigger this way.I'm just wanting the other pool for cap's&top rail for my pool now.

Last summer I was given the walls, top rails, and rails, etc. of a 15 by 30 above ground pool. I hadn't looked closely and hadn't tried any of the pieces. Last week-end son-in-law was working on the deck and asked what I wanted done with the "extra" pool. I explained I got it for parts. He said okay, but when we actually compared things -- guess what -- none of the pieces appear to be interchangeable.

I was hoping they would so if the top rails or other pieces had issues we would have spares. :(

My 21 round top rails are marked as 21/24. I don't know much difference between the two sizes you have in mind but I think the bigger issue will length, not diameter. It will also be dependent on how many segments were used to make the pool. I have all resin pool, if that makes a difference

Wanting to take my 24 to a 33..The one I have been offer'd is a 27..Really don't know till I see it.It may be a 24 when I look at it..That's what I was hoping for..Was going to use the cap's&top rail for my pool now..Would probably have to do some adjusting&cutting.But,hey it's free&can't find any part's for the one I have now.

UPDATE!!!well,I hit a gold mine...same pool has I have now.24-27 ft are the same.just a extra 3 ft..So now I have all the replacement cap's&top rail.Everything,pump,filter"cheap junk",even got me a turtle.Will,have to stick in the pool&see if will still run..just run's of vacuum I quess..Didn't see any other lines to it..Ladder in great shape to...Will use what I need&put everything else in storage.I had to give him atleast a little beer money..What a gold mine..my old pool will be looking alot better now.Time to get busy..

kplaster said:
UPDATE!!!well,I hit a gold mine...same pool has I have now.24-27 ft are the same.just a extra 3 ft..So now I have all the replacement cap's&top rail.Everything,pump,filter"cheap junk",even got me a turtle.Will,have to stick in the pool&see if will still run..just run's of vacuum I quess..Didn't see any other lines to it..Ladder in great shape to...Will use what I need&put everything else in storage.I had to give him atleast a little beer money..What a gold mine..my old pool will be looking alot better now.Time to get busy..
:party: The Cleaner run's great..It is a frog.Got a wheel on front&back..Could not find a name on it.Just run's of vacuum hose.I would prob. say it come REC Warehouse where the pool came from.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.