Too high pressure on robotic cleaner line?

Jul 21, 2012
After cleaning my DE filter and replacing the DE, everything seemed to be working fine. But my FC level was at zero and I added a half gallon of bleach. the next day, my pool cleaner strainer was clogged with DE. I cleaned the strainer and immediately the cleaner bag started spitting out clouds of what seems to be DE, and blowing loose the clip that holds the cleaner bag shut. It seems like there is too much pressure on the line to the cleaner. Any ideas for a new pool owner.

Don 14000 gal gunnite ig pool

Dave,
Thanks for your response. I finally figured it out. The cleaner was picking up an invisible layer of dead grey algae from the bottom of the pool and blowing it through the bag. The clip holding the bag shut is just worn out. I brushed the bottom of the pool repeatedly today and replaced the cleaner bag. It seems to work fine now. The tank pressure is about 12 PSI, which appears to be its normal base figure.
Don

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.