Replumbing needed

Jul 18, 2012
Hello! Newbie to TFP here. Pool guys installed a salt water chlorinator but gravity and the design of the plumbing has taken its toll - there is substantial leaking at an elbow joint. My questions are: (1) any tips on the proper replumb design? and (2) can a regular plumber come out and install new PVC pipe? My pool guys aren't available and I don't want to lose any more water. Many thanks!

Attachments

• Pool plumbing.jpg
    Pool plumbing.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 97
If it were me, I would attempt to find another union that matches up with the one coming right off the return from the filter. Then use hard PVC to come straight off that union (glue the correct end on that piece to screw onto the other half of the existing union....or replace the line coming off the filter and use a new union) past the filter tank, then vertical section of hard PVC *with the SWG cell in that section*, then elbows over and down to the existing inlet into the 2 return pipes.

I *think* the cell can be installed vertically (IntelliChlor, right?) I know they show a bypass loop setup in their manual, with the cell installed vertically so it must be allowed. They do recommend 12-18" of straight pipe before the cell to provide for "best flow sensing". I think you have enough room in there to do that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.